Mini Volley Program Groups
Group A: 7-9 Yrs. Old: training sessions for this group are designed to introduce the sport of volleyball. For Boys or Girls with little or no experience in the sport. This program is the perfect beginning volleyball experience!
Group B: 10-11 Yrs. Old (Pre-Club): training is designed to be a competitive transition from beginner/recreational to the next level of Club or school teams.
What is the Mini-Volleyball Program?
- A modified version of volleyball:
- A reduced court, lower net (VolleyKids)
- No more than 4-players per side
- Always aim for 3 passes
- All players play all positions
- Focus on serving underhand to make sure all players learn how to pass properly
- Once players have strong passing skills, we begin teaching overhand serve
- Training sessions are planned from easy to difficult, but we try to avoid fatigue to ensure concentration
- We make training interesting by introducing game-like situations and contests
- Maximum contact means maximum learning
- There are a time and a place for everything and when it comes to specialization, it should be later not sooner
- Players learn best by playing, not watching
- Develop well-rounded players and they will always be in demand
- Don’t just explain how to do it, make sure they understand why: maximize volleyball IQ
- In the early ages, it is important to emphasize collaboration over competition
- While the training must be fun, it must also be structured and disciplined
- As with all subject matters, learning is maximized when we break down the process into small manageable parts however
- It is important to continually challenge the players with new concepts in order to avoid learning stagnation/boredom
Mini Volley MAY Session 2021 starts on Monday, May 10th!
The GULFSIDE MINI VOLLEY PROGRAM offers Boys and Girls 7 to 12 Yrs. old, age-appropriate VOLLEYBALL skill development to encourage player success, focusing on a solid technical base that will allow players to have FUN, as we prepare them for competitive volleyball! Mini Volley participants are expected to be the next Gulfside's high performance players.
FGVA MINI VOLLEY Training - Special Session MAY
- Session Fee: $165 (8 Practices / 1.5 hrs. each)
- Practice Days/ Times: Mondays and Wednesdays 5:00pm - 6:30
- Location: BridgePrep Academy of Collier
- Session Schedule:
- MONDAY, May 10th, 2021 (First Practice)
- WEDNESDAY, May 12th, 2021
- MONDAY, May 17th, 2021
- WEDNESDAY, May 19th, 2021
- MONDAY, May 24th, 2021
- WEDNESDAY, May 26th, 2021
- MONDAY, May 31st, 2021
- WEDNESDAY, June 2nd, 2021 (LAST PRACTICE)
*Seacrest Country Day School may use code MVMAY10 to receive 10% discount on the Mini Volley Program Sessions' Fee.
REFUND POLICY: Entry fees will be refunded, UP to 5 days prior to the first date of camp/clinic. Missed practices will not be credited or refunded. All Camps/Clinics are offered on a session basis. No prorated fee [per day(s) attending] will be offered. FGVA maintains the right to refuse admission.
ONLINE REGISTRATION is required. Spaces are limited. Register today!
We look forward to seeing you!